Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Decorating Cookies for Christmas

What a fun time, we decorated gingerbread cookies for Christmas. These are definately my ultimate favorite cookies! Thanks to Annie for introducing us to these cookies, and Aunt Steph for the recipe. Yum-Yum! The only downside to making them, besides wanting to eat them all, is the batch makes about 70-100 cookies! So of course we invited Aspen, Sadie, and Miya over to help us decorate and eat them. Its great to have good friends!
The maker of all good icing! Yummy!
Miya and Sadie, Cute sisters!

Concentrating on decorating cookies

Corbyn says this activity gets "two thumbs up!"


Corbyn, always the jokester!

Sadie, Corbyns friend!

Aspen took a break from her book report to have a little cookie fun!

This project is right up Kenzie's creative alley!

Even Calvin loves it in the kitchen, he wants to be a chef, the next Alton Brown.

You've got to love Good Eats! The only picture I have and probably will ever have with Calvin smiling that big. I told him to smile and this is what a 13 year old does to get back at me. Love ya, Calv but the jokes on you!

Mom's cookies! Go Me, look at that star!

Kenzie's Creations! I think she ws there late into the night decorations away!

Calvin's Cookies!

Even Chloe got in the action...the eating action!

Yeah, Cookies! More! More!

The Cookie Clan!

Nice teddy bear, Calv!

Yeah, another cookie, that's 3 so far!



Kenzie had to get into the Christmas spirit with her Santa hat!
Nice flower on his sweater!

How cute is the detail on Kenzie's cookie...little gingerbread garland!

4 comments:

Kacey said...

Lov'n all your updates girl!! Come over any time...would LOVE to see you!!

Heidi said...

Oooh those look good!
I'll have to get the recipe from you. I was just thinking about you and wondering how things are in your neck of the woods. :)

Ashley said...

Looks like a lot of fun, those cookies look really good. Tell Calvin hello from Mrs. C

The Aussie Elmers said...

Mmm...those cookies look so good! We miss you guys so much, I can't believe how grown up everyone is getting!! Love ya