Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our new lawn boy





We are so excited about our new lawn boy. He is smart, funny, very handsome and best of all he mows the lawn on a diagonal! Yes you guessed it, Calvin is mowing the yard! I was in knots the whole time because although he is definitely mature enough his height is a little challenged. He actually has to jump up to push the lawn mower around to the next row and his 75 lbs doesn't help much either. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it one bit and actually likes the responsibility and the freedom of mowing himself. He was taught by the master so the finished product is a nice and neat checkerboard! His Dad,"master teacher", is so proud and he walked around all weekend saying how great Calvin is! Calvin was pretty proud of himself, as he should be! We love you Calvin and are so glad you are in our family! I am sure our lawn has never looked better!

12 comments:

Toni said...

Hey Calvin... our yard is getting a little outta control... would you mind stopping by? That'd be great!! JK!

Miss you guys!

Suz said...

Calvin where are you when I need you. I had to pay $ 35.00 to have my lawn done last week. I can't believe that my little bity yard cost that much.

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I can't wait for my boys to start mowing the lawn. That's awesome!

Jerry & Tanya said...

Hey Calvin, did they tell you with turning 12, you get added family responsibilities? Looks like your going to where that age of 12 just fine. Great job, Bud.

Lindsay said...

Hey there! Cameron has about 5 more years...Ashton's number is 801-771-6288. If you seem 'em hug them for us!

Verity said...

That is so awesome!!! I wish I could mow a lawn that well, but I've been banned for chewing up too many sprinkler heads. :)

Mike, Jen, McKenna and Jackson said...

Hey amy....you are a baby making machine...love your blog. Lindsay helped a little with mine. Your fam is so cute here is mine

thehairefamily.blogspot.com

hope to talk to you soon

Jan T. said...

What? Your new yard boy looks almost like mine!:) Cute Calvin! I can't believe his dad (the yardmaster) has relinquished the throne!:)
And...you never told me Chloey's name was Chloey Bo! I love that!

Cheryl said...

Too bad Calvin's in Utah. I can see it now - G'Ma and Grandson Lawn Service. Ask Matt, I have credentials! Of course I'm not sure where we'd get another teal blue mini van to haul the equipment! Ha!

Tell Calvin - this week the lawn, next week his own washing! Here comes the TIDE!

polka dots said...

Send him to my house! We could use a little more help in the yard!

shahna said...

Awwww. I remember when he was just a babe! Time flies....we miss you at our monthly fhes .:O(

Ashley said...

Good job Calvin, I am so proud of you to see you out mowing the lawn. I was the person who always mowed the lawn in my family and I think that tradition will continue on. I think that it is fun to mow lawns. You are such a hard worker, that is great!!!