Calvin had his Court of Review Sunday, the 28th, and then had his Court of Honor, yesterday, the 5th. He completed all the requirements for his Tenderfoot, 2nd Class and 1st class. At his Board of Review they asked him his goals in achieving his Eagle. He told them he wants to get it by the time he is 15. They were so impressed with what he had accomplished so far and how well he answered the questions that they told him him could accomplish it by the time he was 13! Calvin said confidently, "Why don't we say 14 and that way I am not pressured and if I get it before I turn 14, great!" That's my boy, no pressure! I love this kid! He sure loves scouts and his Scoutmaster rocks! They have a campout once a month, even in the snow! Calvin can hardly wait for that campout! We are so pleased that Calvin loves to achieve these awards and we know that Papa Great and G'ma couldn't be prouder! Way to go 1st Class Scout!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Calvin's a Tenderfoot, no a Second Class, no a First Class
Calvin had his Court of Review Sunday, the 28th, and then had his Court of Honor, yesterday, the 5th. He completed all the requirements for his Tenderfoot, 2nd Class and 1st class. At his Board of Review they asked him his goals in achieving his Eagle. He told them he wants to get it by the time he is 15. They were so impressed with what he had accomplished so far and how well he answered the questions that they told him him could accomplish it by the time he was 13! Calvin said confidently, "Why don't we say 14 and that way I am not pressured and if I get it before I turn 14, great!" That's my boy, no pressure! I love this kid! He sure loves scouts and his Scoutmaster rocks! They have a campout once a month, even in the snow! Calvin can hardly wait for that campout! We are so pleased that Calvin loves to achieve these awards and we know that Papa Great and G'ma couldn't be prouder! Way to go 1st Class Scout!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Scoutmaster David would be so proud!
I am soooo happy to have another scouter in the family. Calvin, you'll have to talk to Uncle Matt about scouting. He could tell you some great stories about hiking to Mt. Baldy at Philmont Scout Ranch. Oh, and ask him why they called him "turtle"?
Post a Comment