Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of School





Monday was the first day of school. The kids all met their teachers on Friday night and Corbyn kept asking me how many days left, over and over. She couldn't wait to go to school or ride the bus, were not sure which one she was more excited about. Corbyn's teacher is from South Africa, Australia,and England so her accent is very Aussie. She is very loving and huggy and most important to Corbyn, she has wombats all over her room. How cool is that? Corbyn loves to ride the bus and although she is very tired when she comes home from "walking around the whole school without resting," she loves to go every morning. Kenzies teacher is also awesome, this year she is teaching the kids about South America and where gum, chocoalte, erasers, and pen ink come from and what they are made of. They already have a field trip lined up and Kenzie can hardly wait. She also told us she has a best friend already, go Kenzie! Calvin really like his teacher, we aren't sure if it is because he is a guy or if he is just really fun. We do know one reason he is excited is that he hasn't had homework yet. Well it feels like they are all adjusting OK and making friends quickly. I really am blessed to have the most easy going and transitional kids in the world! I love you guys!

16 comments:

Karen said...

I love it! It makes me miss you and you've only been gone for 3 weeks. It makes me miss Utah too.

Toni said...

they look fabulous! we sure do miss you guys... as you already know. And Calvin, jack reminds me every time we drive by your old school that you don't go there anymore, and that he now wants to move to utah.

Suz said...

We miss you and glad you caught the blogger bug. This will help us feel closer. Give all the kids my love.

I'm glad your happy!

Kacey said...

WHAT? You've had a blog for a whole month and I'm now just finding out? ;-) So glad you're in Utah girl(I feel horrible I haven't seen ya yet)...and I'm dying to see that baby! (I have a sitter ALL next week so let's plan lunch while the kids are at school!!)

b.rad said...

glad you guys are here in Utah. Lets hang out and hopefully you wont forget to invite me like the other cousins do!

Brit said...

I'm so happy you joined the blogging world! This will be so fun!

Jamie said...

Yay for blogging cousins! That's so great!

polka dots said...

You already started school? So glad you are blogging. YEA!

Nicole said...

I am so happy you are blogging now. and more importantly that you live so close now! I can't wait until we can come visit. Give the kids all hugs for us and Blue Too!

Jerry & Tanya said...

Ah,the mountains,hiking, and Grandpa sitting in a boat at Strawberry! Makes me want to move to Utah, or least come for a visit. I'm soooo happy that you are all doing well. I love the pics, and am glad we can keep up with you guys.Have a great school year. Love Ya! T

tangleaz said...

I am so glad you are blogging!! Now we can actually see each other's kids and hear of their accomplishments. But hey I need info on your move to Utah! What, when, why?!!! I was just there...I wish I would have known and we could have hooked up. Give me all the juicy details, girl!! Oh and congrats on Chloe! She's just as beautiful as your other girls. Can't believe they grow up so fast!!

leigh said...

i knew you'd start a blog one of these days - yay! i'm glad you guys live here again too, it will be fun to hang out some more.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Kacey - it's taken you a whole month to distribute your blogsite. Hmmm... I guess better late than never! Our kiddos start school on Monday, although I'm considering dropping them off at the school for an extended sleepover tonight!

Angela said...

We are so glad your here, what fun we will have being so close...Come swim in our pool again sometime.

Yours is the first house we have ever been able to leave Benji at with out months of prep and getting comfortable. Thanks again for watching him.

The Aussie Elmers said...

Oh you guys are so beautiful and look so much older!! I miss you all so much, can't wait to play in the snow with you all. I'm coming over to build a snowman and play some wii.

amy said...

I miss you guys so much! I love first day of school pictures! They all look awesome! Wish you guys were here.