Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wear a helmet!

Well we drove two days from Texas to Utah and then proceeded to unpack for three days trying to make sense of our crazy month, when Calvin decided to spice things up a little more. We had only been in Utah three and a half days when Calvin decided to go skateboarding by our house, without a helmet. We were all getting ready to go to Costco and Calvin came in screaming. After he showed signs of a serious concusion we rushed him to the emergency room where they did a CAT scan and informed us he had fractured his skull and had a small bleed in his brain. They then careflighted him to Primary Childrens where he stayed for 24 hours for monitoring. Luckily the bleed stopped and the fracture will heal over the next 4 to 6 weeks. He was a great sport through it all. He told the doctor don't worry I have been through this all before, I am not scared. Yeah I am sure he remembers being 3 months old having skull surgery. But I have to say he must of hit hard because I thought his head was too hard to break after his surgery created extra layers of thickness. We love you Calvin and are glad you are doing fine now. Welcome to Utah! Oh and thanks to the kindness of neighbors, thirty minutes after we got home from the hospital we had homemade lasagna, bread and a garden zuccini to enjoy. Just in case you didn't know...I love Utah!

1 comment:

amy said...

Calvin has got to be the most easygoing kid I know!